Hollywood,CA(Spiritsman)4/9/12/–Happy Days! In honor of the “almost weekend” I wanted to share some Spring/Summer cocktails with you on behalf of Cruzan Rum.
During the spring and summer people tend to spend more time entertaining with friends and enjoying the “Don’t Hurry” Cruzan lifestyle. The Cruzan Summer Breeze cocktail is perfect for hosts/hostesses who want to offer a delicious cocktail while entertaining friends and family in the Summer. Also one of the biggest trends in cocktails this year is punch, and what better way to enjoy the “Don’t Hurry” lifestyle than with a refreshing Cruzan Strawberry Rosemary Punch. This recipe is perfect for Spring/Summer parties!
Cruzan Rum is considered to be one of the “cleanest” rums on the market based on the brand’s distinctive distillation process. Cruzan mixes high quality molasses with tropical rainwater, which, through fermentation, is turned into alcohol. The liquid is then run through a five-column distillation process that removes any unwanted elements before being stored away in handcrafted oak barrels to age. Cruzan Rum contains some of the lowest levels of “fusel oils” in the industry, giving it a smooth taste and reputation as one of the “cleanest-tasting” rums on the market. All Cruzan Rums (except Cruzan flavors) are aged for a minimum of 14 months, and some are aged for 12 years or more. The aging process is done in charred American oak barrels previously used for bourbon for a smoother, mellower rum.
Cruzan Summer Breeze
· 2 parts Cruzan® Coconut Rum
· 1?2 part Triple Sec
· Sparkling Lime Soda Water
Combine rum and triple sec in a rocks glass over ice. Top with sparkling soda water and garnish with a lime wedge.
Cruzan Strawberry Rosemary Punch
· 1 750ml Bottle Cruzan® Strawberry Rum
· 6 parts Fresh Lime Juice
· 24 parts Ginger Ale
· 6 Rosemary Sprigs
· Rosemary Ice Blocks (see additional recipe below)
· To Prep: Pour rum into a punchbowl and add 4 sprigs of rosemary. Give it a quick stir, making sure to fully immerse the rosemary. Let the mixture sit for one hour at room temperature. After one hour, remove the spigs of rosemary from the bowl and discard them. Next, add the lime juice to the rosemary-infused rum and chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
· Rosemary Ice Blocks: Fill a couple of round plastic containers with water and a couple rosemary sprigs and put it in the freezer. When serving your punch, float the ice blocks in the punch bowl.
· To Serve: Add rosemary ice block and ginger ale to your rum punch mixture and you’re ready to go! Serve over ice in a punch glass. Garnish with a small piece of rosemary sprig.
Cruzan Carpe Diem
· 11?2 parts Cruzan® Mango Rum
· 1?2 part Cruzan® Orange Rum
· 1 part Orange Juice?o Dash of Grenadine
· Club Soda
· Lime wedge
Pour rum and orange juice into a Collins Glass filled with ice and give it a quick stir to combine. Add a few dashes of grenadine then top it off with club soda. Squeeze a wedge of lime on top to finish. Between sips, lazily stir your cocktail counter-clockwise in an attempt to get your lost hour back.
287 S.Robertson Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90211