Amidst a booming tequila market and an impressive selection of bottles on shelves, a new tequila launches in time for patios and parties post-COVID. And as part of the brand, a mysterious, fun-loving bandido is delivering the damned finest tequila to aficionados everywhere. El Bandido Yankee Tequila Company launches with its first two expressions, a Blanco and a Reposado.
The company, founded by packaging mogul and former NFL player James Robert Morris and restaurateur and NHL Hall of Fame Hockey Player Chris Chelios, was launched after years of discussions around developing a spirit true to their values – boldly pursuing excellence without apologies and with the utmost integrity.
El Bandido Yankee Tequila is an authentically pure, 100% additive-free, criminally smooth and outrageously delicious, well-priced, ultra-premium tequila.
One sip of El Bandido Yankee Tequila sets your maverick spirit free to live large and create adventurous, fun, and memorable moments with friends, knowing your support is making a difference.
Key differentiators include:
- Handcrafted under the direction of Master Distiller Karina Rojo at El Viejito Distillery in Atotonilco El Alto, Jalisco.
- Crafted from 100% blue weber agave, oxygenated for smoothness and confirmed additive-free tequila as established by Tequila Matchmaker’s Confirmed Additive-Free program.
- A fantastic-tasting, smooth (no burn) tequila at an accessible price point. No corners were cut in the distillation process.
- Created with sustainable practices and using fully mature agave.
- El Bandido Yankee partnered with El Viejito because of their dedication to process, people and the land.
- Branding and label reflect its deep ties to the renowned Jalisco region, along with its playful depiction of a mysterious bandido who’s always ready to chase down fun and raise a glass in celebration.
- Founders and a company dedicated to long-term, impactful relationships that honor the people and land of the Jalisco region. A portion of net proceeds from the sale of its tequila, as well as 100% of net proceeds from the sale of its merchandise, go to those efforts.
- A partnership with S.A.C.R.E.D, a not-for-profit focused on improving the lives of people in rural Mexican communities where agave spirits are made, to identify and support vital community needs.
Consumer-friendly pricing affords the opportunity to enjoy El Bandido Yankee, with each 750 ml bottle at $39.99 for Blanco and $44.99 for Reposado. To find El Bandido Yankee tequila or learn more, visit www.elbandidoyankee.com.
Angles for coverage or topics the founders can speak to include:
- Who is El Bandido Yankee? (And why should you care)
- Why Two Former Pro Athletes Tackled the Tequila Market
- The Legend of El Bandido Yankee
- Criminally Smooth Tequila Launches with Bold Ideas, Fresh Approach
- Why Additive Free Isn’t Always 100 % Clear • Give-Back/Agave Culture
- Process over Profits: Tequila Makers Commit to Quality
- Shattering the Glass Ceiling of Tequila: Meet El Bandido Yankee’s Master Distiller
About El Bandido Yankee Tequila Company
El Bandido Yankee Tequila Company is an independent spirits company founded by James Robert Morris and Chris Chelios, both former professional athletes and entrepreneurs in the packaging, entertainment and restaurant arenas. El Bandido Yankee’s ultra-premium, criminally smooth tequilas are handcrafted from start to finish at El Viejito Distillery in Atotonilco El Alto, Jalisco, using centuries-old processes. Twice distilled and fully oxygenated, its tequilas are made with fully mature, 100% blue weber agave and are confirmed additive-free. El Bandido Yankee tequila is crafted using sustainable practices and collaborates with not-for-profit S.A.C.R.E.D. to improve the lives of people in rural Mexican communities. The company is a certified Minority Business Enterprise dedicated to supporting diversity and inclusion initiatives.